College can make you feel like you have two homes — one where you grew up, and one on campus. If the prospect of dragging everything home for summer is getting you down, we have good news: you have options! The D Highway Storage team is excited to accommodate your needs and make sure you have a safe place to keep your things until you need them again.
Identifying a Great Storage Facility
Your stuff is worth protecting, and it’s possible to do so without paying an arm and a leg. When you’re exploring potential storage facilities, here’s a great list of questions to keep on your phone or jotted down on a piece of paper.
- Do you charge a deposit/administration/sign-up fee?
- Do you offer student discounts?
- Will I need to provide my own lock?
- How is your security? (fencing, cameras, personnel)
- What can/cannot be stored in your facility?
- Will I have access to my unit 24 hours a day?
- Do you prorate the first and/or last months?
- Do you charge fees for late payments?
While the staff may answer some of these questions while introducing you to their facility, it’s a good idea to ask about whatever they leave out. When you ask these questions, it will be easier to understand whether or not the facility takes their job seriously and will do right by you.
Contact us if you have questions.